|Finished block - Snowball Wreath|
The first thing I did was to paper-piece the background star. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of just the star - it was cute on it's own. The next step was to make the little 4 patches.
|Prep for applique|
I had to figure out the best way for me to applique the circles onto the block and I thought that if I thread basted the outer edges of the circle and centered the template on the inside before I pulled it taut that it would help me to get a decent circle - these pieces are quite small (at least to me) and I didn't want to have to fiddle with them too much and have them shred. Once done, I sprayed my circles with regular starch (from a spray can) and pressed both sides. When it was dry I removed the basting threads and the template and I repeated the process for each circle. I positioned them on my block using a little bit of Roxanne's glue baste - I put a little dab in the center and a few dabs around the folded edge. I was careful to not get the glue where I would sewing. The glue worked great - it held
the circles in position while I sewed them onto the block. When I showed my husband the finished block he asked me what was supposed to go in the center. It's funny but I had the same thought - maybe a little bit of embroidery would look nice. I am going to leave it as it is for now because once all the blocks are made and the quilt is put together it just might not need anything in the center.
|Positioning the circles|
|Glued and ready for sewing|