Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Last evening I was sitting in my sewing room trying to dream up a new quilt project to work on. I couldn't think of anything in particular that I was really anxious to start so I was feeling a bit stumped. I really want to make a dent in my stash and I wasn't very happy that I couldn't make a decision. That stash isn't going to turn itself into quilts without my help! So...there I was sitting and looking around and all of a sudden it came to me like a lightning flash - why don't I finish a quilt project I already have started....duh! lol
I pulled out my pinwheel project box and put all of the finished pinwheels up on my design wall. They do look pretty and I felt inspired to get working on making some more.
It was already getting late so I only sewed a few hsts together last night but I started back at it again this morning.
I took a break to make these yummy cheese rolls and then I spent time puttering around the house but I think I will start turning my sets of hsts into pinwheels tonight. :)
Sunday, May 29, 2016
I was able to make both blocks using fabrics from my parts bins, strip bins and string bins. I have many quilts waiting to be made from my scrappy stash....
Saturday, May 28, 2016
It is a small quilt and it finished at 47" x 53"which I think is a good size for a young child. Even though the prints are not really juvenile I still think a child would love to receive it.
All of the fabric used in this quilt came from stash and I pieced the batting from leftover hunks and chunks and that makes me happy!
I wasn't too sure about the backing fabric I used but I think it works just fine. The front of the quilt is a bit busy but you can really see the quilting design on the back.
|close up of quilting on back|
One quilt down and 9,999 to go! I have a lot of fabric to get through. ;)
Friday, May 27, 2016
Even though I haven't been very productive with my quilting over the last while I sure have been productive with fabric buying. :( It has been a challenge trying to find places to stash my stash so I guess the best thing is to get to work and try to use it up!! :)
This charity quilt was just about finished when I put it aside. The last time I worked on it I thought that I would put a border of darker rectangles around the perimeter but after making quite a few sets I nixed the idea and decided to just quilt it and get it ready for donation. I would like to hand it in at my Guild meeting on Wednesday so I called it done.
I quilted it with a fun panto called Spaced Out and a darker neutral thread. I already have the binding attached by machine and I hope to get a good start at hand stitching it to the back this evening.